Building the Strategic Plan for Successful Lead Generation
The B2B marketer is often judged on one metric: The number of qualified leads generated. Developing your demand generation plan is your first step to demand generation success. The key to developing a truly effective plan is to understand the best practices and tactics from your peers so you can build a strategy designed to win. This session will start you on your path of successful lead generation by laying out what you need to know to cost effectively fill the sales funnel, drive revenue for the organization, and have the sales team asking for more.
- Define your target buyer personas – First, we must answer: “Who do we want to sell to?”
- Understand the buyer journey – The next step is to answer: “How do my buyers buy?”
- Create a strategic plan – Once we understand who we sell to, we lay out the blueprint
- Build content and offers -- The steps to developing remarkable content offers designed to convert
- Develop metrics – The metrics that help you understand the success and ROI of the program
- Optimize – Once the plan is built and moving forward, optimization will drive higher ROI
The Keys to Identifying More Sales-Ready Leads: Lead Qualification and Scoring
If you need to identify more qualified, sales-ready leads for your salespeople, reps, resellers or distributors to follow up and turn into sales, you can’t afford to miss this information-packed, one-hour session. This session includes specific examples, ranging from simple to sophisticated, of lead qualification and scoring methodologies successfully used by small, medium and large companies to get the job done right.
By attending, you’ll learn:
- The four major sets of criteria you should use for determining if leads are qualified or sales-ready: Firmographics, demographics, behavior, and answers to qualification questions
- What BANTS means, and how it applies to lead qualification
- How to get agreement between sales and marketing on what defines a sales-ready, qualified lead
- How to develop a simple, yet flexible, numerical scoring system that assures that your leads are properly managed until they are determined to be qualified, sales-ready leads
- Plus you’ll get access to Mac’s Lead Qualification and Scoring Spreadsheet, and sample list of qualification questions to help you get you started
Lead Nurturing - How to Be There When the Buyer is Ready to Buy
As many as 70% of the leads pursued by sales people are not really ready to buy. But 80% of prospects who respond to marketing campaigns do buy eventually, within 24 months. So it’s absolutely imperative for marketers to establish a process for staying in touch with unqualified leads until they are ready to engage with a sales person. This is the job of the critically important marketing function called lead nurturing.
In this session, you will learn:
- How companies that use lead nurturing experience higher revenues, better campaign response rates and larger average order sizes
- The business case for lead nurturing
- How changing B2B buying behavior makes lead nurturing more important than ever
- How to decide who should be in charge of the nurturing function at your company
- The 5 steps involved in successful lead nurturing programs
- How to determine which leads need nurturing
- Segmenting your nurturing program for maximum relevance
- Examples of productive nurturing programs that quadruple lead generation campaign results
- The importance of marketing automation to successful lead nurturing today
- The top nurturing tactics, and how to build a nurturing communications flow
- 3 best practices that will take your nurturing program to the next level
Content Marketing to Enhance Lead Generation
Because buyers are researching services and products through online channels, they are entering the sales funnel further down into the buying process than ever before. The challenge to marketers is how to engage these buyers with content that captures their attention at all stages of the buying cycle.
- Content through the buying lifecycle—a quick history and how it’s changing
- Understanding your audience—the key to building great content
- What do you know about your audience’s information needs, content preferences, favorite influencers? And—how to find out what you don’t know.
- How to conduct a content audit and correct any gaps
- How to determine what content sources would work best for your audience—not what content sources are trendiest
- How to build your audience with inbound and outbound content
- Develop prospect profiles from content choices
- Content registration best practices
- Overview of metrics that make sense
Measuring Lead Generation Marketing Effectiveness
Measuring the contribution of lead generation marketing can be challenging based on multi-touch marketing, the lack of closed loop reporting from the sales organization and long sales cycles. Marketing effectiveness and ROI improves with measured insights that help generate high quality leads more likely to convert at higher revenue levels.
This session will present measurement techniques to assess the incremental contribution of marketing initiatives along with analytics to identify areas for performance improvement. This includes techniques to measure, manage and deliver lead quality and lead nurturing programs.
Key topics include:
- Understanding the key drivers of Lead Gen ROI
- Choosing lead gen measurement techniques from basic to advanced
- Assessing lead quality vs. quantity
- Aligning marketing and sales through the purchase funnel
- Defining and assessing key funnel metrics
- Measuring content marketing and lead nurturing programs
How to Optimize Websites and Landing Pages for Effective Engagement and Conversion
A website is a critical channel of communication between a B2B organization and its prospects and customers. This class will teach you best practices and proven ways to optimize a website and create landing pages that effectively attract, engage and convert visitors to leads and customers.
You will learn:
- Key elements of a website to capture leads and provide a great user experience
- Creating web forms that convert through use of impactful calls to action
- Optimizing website for search
- Using analytics to track website goals and visitor actions
- Creating, tracking and testing landing pages for highest conversion rates
- Choosing a content management system to create and manage web and landing pages
Now What Do I Do: Getting the Most out of Your Marketing Automation System
So, you’ve taken the next step toward owning and dominating your marketing programs – nice work. While there are so many different things you can do now to make your campaigns more effective and efficient, there are a few quick wins that will send you on your way toward becoming a Marketing Rockstar. This session will cover five essential items you can quickly and easily implement that will help you become more efficient, effective marketers. Before you know it, you will be off and running with marketing automation and ready for more!
Business-to-Business Social Media Marketing - Really!
Across the corporate landscape, businesses ranging from banks to high-tech firms to plumbing supplies are successfully applying social media tools to connect with customers, channel partners and suppliers. And as they grow more confident with the tools, they're experimenting with sophisticated applications like social networks and customer co-creation.
Many B2B companies today have dozens of employees connecting with their markets through blogs, podcasts, Twitter and video. Some companies have thousands. These initiatives don't get the publicity of flashier consumer campaigns, but they deliver results in the form of reduced costs, improved lead quality, repeat business and enhance customer and partner relations.
In this online training session, you’ll learn:
- How to choose platforms for B2B social media marketing
- Tips for selling the program to internal stakeholders
- Organizing for social marketing success
- How to integrate multiple platforms to multiply message reach
- ROI and metrics for B2B social media
Marketing and Sales Alignment: Building a Powerful, Predictable Revenue Machine
Companies that synchronize marketing and sales reap huge competitive and financial benefits. Any business that wants to increase revenue and profitability must align marketing and sales to create a seamless end-to-end process. The result: accelerated effectiveness and improved company value.
- Defining the steps in the process: from identifying customers’ problems - to recognizing the gaps in your company - to providing the best solutions.
- How to align to improve lead management to fill the sales pipeline, reduce the cost of customer acquisition and maximize ROI.
- Improve the predictability of your quarterly lead and revenue plan.
- How to use efficient lead management to fill the sales pipeline.
- Choosing the most effective and profitable sales model.
- How to quantify the exact contribution of the marketing and sales departments.
- How to transform sales and marketing conflict into a winning partnership.